Wednesday, March 13, 2013

8: Daylight Saving Time

Did you survive pushing the clocks forward?

You wouldn't think that one measly hour would make all that big a difference in a life. One hour on one day. But let me start at the beginning...

The boys went to bed on Saturday night at their regular time, 7 PM. I was tired so I went to bed an hour earlier then usual. Then the boys slept a little late on Sunday. So with going to bed early and them sleeping in, I got some real.good.sleep. This time change thing is a piece of cake! I thought we lost an hour? How did I gain sleep??

Sleeping in was a mistake. Our whole day shifted...everything was late and then the sun was streaming in the windows when it was time to make dinner so I didn't even feel hungry never mind in the mood to prepare food. We eat in the dark, dang it!

Sunday night bedtime was a little rough. I was on high-anxiety because my 4-year-old had to get up for school the next day. Understandably, it just didn't feel like bedtime -- just like it didn't feel like breakfast time or nap time or dinner time -- so it took the boys longer to fall asleep. But we did it! We all fell asleep! And, seriously, with a toddler, that can be the accomplishment.

But here is where it really fell apart. My 6:40 AM alarm is set on my phone. My phone showed the correct, new time. BUT apparently there is a SECOND clock on the phone that runs the alarm. AND THAT CLOCK DIDN'T CHANGE. Wait, what? How can that be? So at 7:20 AM I woke up on my own, leaped out of bed, changed my clothes in an instant, and went into the boys room. Have you ever woken up a sound-asleep 4 year old? They don't care for it. I got him to semi-consciousness and then had to lift him up out of the bed and carry him into the kitchen to be dressed-while-crying and force-fed breakfast. Good morning sunshine! Happy Monday to yoooou!

He made it onto the bus, which was early just to annoy us further.

And if anyone knows how to change the alarm-clock-clock on my LG phone, please share.


2 comments:

  1. :) difficult here too...but every morning is hard waking up for my son and it's alway a rush to not miss the bus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just nominated you for the Liebster Award! - http://the30ishmom.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete