Saturday, March 2, 2013

2: I Quit

A whole two posts in and I'm wondering why I bothered starting a blog. This article by J J Keith, My Advise to New Moms: Anything But Babywise, 100% covers everything I could ever say about motherhood thus far. My boys are still young enough that I remember my pregnancies, their births and their infancy pretty clearly. Old enough, fortunately, that I'm not actually living through those phases. I wouldn't say that I disliked any of these things, I'm just not unhappy that they're over. There are millions of decisions we make in pregnancy through toddlerhood:  eat this, not that!, breastfeeding vs formula, homemade vs jarred, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, crying-it-out, and on and on. I'm really happy to have finally read such an emphatic essay on letting go of the bullshit and just being. Babyhood is hard on parents and it's about time that we give each other, and ourselves, a break on the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment