Monday, March 4, 2013

4: Food!


One of my favorite subjects! I had a couple of friends over this weekend and that is always the perfect excuse to make Texas Caviar. It is sooooooo good.

Texas Caviar

1 can black eyed peas
1 can white corn
1 can black beans
1 medium red onion chopped
1 cup celery chopped
1 small can jalapeƱo peppers, chopped (opt)
1 cup olive oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar

Combine peas, beans, corn, celery, onion and peppers and rinse thoroughly. Set aside. In a pan cook olive oil, sugar and vinegar on low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight. Strain liquid and serve with nacho chips, crackers, etc.

(I have no idea where this recipe originated so if I'm stealing it I do truly apologize. Just send me a cease and desist letter and I'll take the post down tout de suite.)

1 comment:

  1. yum yum...sound good. and easy too. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete